Gilbert Visual Art League has sponsored an Annual Juried Fine Art Show since 2003. Original art may be in 2 or 3 dimensions in any media created within the last three (3) years. Art for the show is selected by a professional juror and the show judge selects the winners and Best in Show. In the past the show has included over 80 pieces of assorted works, painting, drawing, photography, and sculpture.
At the Juried Fine Art Show, GVAL also presents a Gilbert Art Student a $250 cash award. The student’s work is displayed at the Annual Juried Fine Art Show. Please Click here for information and application for the Gilbert Student Fine Art Award. We are grateful to be hosted by the HD South, Home of the Gilbert Historical Museum. Please submit your entry and payment below. If you prefer to mail in your entry with a check, please contact us at hello2@gval,org
18th Annual Juried Fine Art Show and Sale
March 6 – April 1, 2021
Hosted by Gallery 4 at HD South
10 S. Gilbert Road, Gilbert, AZ
Call for Entries
Deadline, February 7, 2021
We are excited to announce an addition to our annual juried fine art show and sale! All art accepted by our juror will be featured online for the duration of the show. Images of your artwork, sent with your application, will be professionally judged and available to receive the ribbons and awards so generously provided by our sponsors. With safety for everyone in mind, the GVAL board has decided that a limited number of paintings that will hang in the HD South gallery. Details will be sent out at a later date.
Schedule of Events
February 7, Sunday, Deadline for Entries
February 21, Monday, Acceptance email
March 3, Wednesday. Art Drop Off (5 pm-6 pm)
March 6, Saturday, Show opens (9 am-4 pm)
Opening Reception and gallery hanging will depend on COVID regulations at that time.
Pick up art April 1, Thursday
All art work must be picked up from 6 pm-7 pm.
GVAL is not responsible for art if not picked up at this time.
Complete entry form below.
Flat Entry Fee: Members $30 for up to 4 pieces.
Non-members $50 for up to 4 pieces.
Fill out the form, send your jpgs and pay via the form below. If you have questions, or if you do not receive a confirmation that your application has been received, please contact us at email@example.com.
Eligibility: This show is open to all living artists over the age of 18 years of age. Original art may be in 2 or 3 dimensions in any media and created within the past 3 years. Maximum size is 34″ on any side including the frame for art which will hang in the gallery at HD South. Art being shown online only can be of any size. GVAL reserves the right to refuse any and all artwork submitted. Art accepted in previous GVAL Annual Fine Art Shows is not eligible. Artwork must be the artist’s original concept, design and execution. Artwork created in a class or workshop setting is not eligible.
- If your artwork is to hang in the gallery at HD South, 2 dimensional artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped (1 1/2″ minimum depth) with no visible staples. Artwork must be WIRED to hang and may not weigh more than 10 lbs. Sawtooth hangers will not be accepted. If the artwork is only to be shown online, there is no need to have it framed and no size restriction.
- 3 dimensional works must be able to stand on their own, or hang in a safe manner.
- Artwork must be available for the full term of the exhibition. Once selected, no substitutions will be accepted.
- Ribbons, merchandise and/or cash prizes will be awarded in several categories as well as Best of Show. All entries accepted by the juror will be considered by the judge for awards.
- Artwork that is for sale is subject to a 20% commission. Artists will receive 80% of their price.
- For more information, send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpful Hints for Photographing Your Artwork
- Remove any frame or glass before photographing. Take the photo in natural light and avoid glare and shadows.
- Make sure your camera or phone is perpendicular so that your artwork forms a perfect square or rectangle with straight edges.
- Check your image on a screen larger than your phone’s screen to make sure you are happy with the focus and color.
- Send jpg files only. Your images should be at least 1200 pixels on the shortest side and be a resolution of at least 72 dpi. If you don’t resize the images downward, they will generally meet these requirements. The maximum file size is 2MB
- If you have questions concerning your images, please let us know at email@example.com. We want to make sure your images are the best representation of your artwork for judging and display.