Gilbert Visual Art League has sponsored an Annual Juried Fine Art Show since 2003. Original art may be in 2- or 3-dimensional form in any media and created within the last three (3) years. Art for the show is selected by a professional juror
and a professional show judge selects the winners and Best in Show.
20th Annual Juried Fine Art Show and Sale
February 25 – April 4, 2023
Hosted by Gallery 4 at HD South
10 S. Gilbert Road, Gilbert, AZ
Thank you to all who entered this past season’s Juried Art Show. The application and payment form for the 2023 show will be available on January 1st. Please read the rules below carefully, as the size restrictions have changed to accommodate the increased number of entries submitted in the last show. The entry fee is $35 for members and $50 for non-members. An email reminder will be sent out when the application and payment form is available.
Eligibility: This show is open to all living artists over the age of 18 years of age. Original art may be in 2- or 3 -dimensional form in any media and created within the past 3 years. GVAL reserves the right to refuse any and all artwork submitted. Art accepted in previous GVAL Annual Fine Art Shows is not eligible. Artwork must be the artist’s original concept, design and execution. Artwork created in a class or workshop setting is not eligible. Both the juror and judge will be professional artists who are not members of GVAL. Cash awards and ribbons are given in each category dependent upon the number of submissions accepted in each category.
- 2 dimensional artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped (1 1/2″ minimum depth) with no visible staples. Artwork must be WIRED to hang, 30″ or less on the longest side, and may not weigh more than 10 lbs. Sawtooth hangers will not be accepted.
- 3 dimensional works must be able to stand on their own, or hang in a safe manner. If your piece requires a stand you will need to provide it.
- Artwork must be appropriate for family viewing in regard to theme, character and design.
- Artwork must be available for the full term of the exhibition. Once selected, no substitutions will be accepted. All artwork accepted into the show will also be available online through gval.org.
- Ribbons, merchandise and/or cash prizes will be awarded in several categories as well as Best of Show. All entries accepted by the juror will be considered by the judge for awards.
- The categories for entry are Acrylic, Computer Generated, Drawing, Mixed Media, Oil, Pastel, Photography, Watercolor.
- Artwork that is for sale is subject to a 20% commission paid to HD South. Artists will receive 80% of their stated price.
- For more information, send questions to email@example.com.
Helpful Hints for Photographing Your Artwork
- Remove any frame or glass before photographing. Take the photo in natural light and avoid glare and shadows.
- When submitting images, please ensure the photo was taken straight-on, without an angle, and cropped to the edge of the piece. Do not include the matting or frame in the image.
- Check your image on a screen larger than your phone’s screen to make sure you are happy with the focus and color.
- Send jpg files only. Your images should be at least 1200 pixels on the shortest side. The maximum file size is 4MB.
- If you have questions concerning your images, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure your images are the best representation of your artwork for the juror and the online show.