The Gilbert Visual Art League needs a logo and to that end we are having a contest for a logo design. We will use the logo for computer and printed materials.
- Members can hand in as many designs as they would like. All designs will be anonymous until a logo is selected.
- The original artwork can be in the medium of your choice or created digitally in a computer program.
- The final artwork will need to be in a jpg format. (Deb Randall can help if you need to convert traditional artwork to a digital format. email@example.com)
- Members will print their entries on 8.5 x 11” paper with the logo sized to 5” on its longest dimension. (If you need help printing your logo George Lenz can do it if you give him a week’s notice. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The deadline is our April 5, 2012 meeting when the printed entries will be presented for our members to vote on their favorite logo.
- The selected logo will become the property of the Gilbert Visual Art League.
Guidelines for a logo:
- The logo can spell out Gilbert Visual Art League or use the initials GVAL or use no letters at all and just be a symbol.
- The logo may be in color, but it should hold its design in black & white as well. Generally flat colors are easier to deal with than gradations or blended colors.
- While the original artwork can be any size, the logo should be recognizable at a 1” height (think business card).
Download our Guidlines PDF too see some examples of art league logos.