Join us for the May membership meeting on Thursday, May 5 at 6:30 p.m. at the Gilbert Historical Museum. This month, the summer Artist Challenge returns. This year’s theme is “Layers.” Jean will make a short presentation on the topic followed by hands-on work time.
Layers can mean many things: reworking or adding to an old piece, putting together several images to make a new artwork (either digitally using the computer or traditional, multimedia collage), or perhaps the layers of meaning within a subject. The challenge is open to interpretation and can be worked on in any medium. Bring something with you to work on if you want to get started at the meeting. And don’t forget, we’ll pick the best finished piece at the September meeting.
We will also be voting for the new GVAL board members. There are several positions available so it is a great opportunity to get more involved with the art community. (The positions marked with bold are open and available for nomination.)
- Chairperson: Available (Currently held by Michelle Cornelius)
- Vice Chairperson: Available (Currently held by Isabela Huin)
- Arizona Art Alliance Rep: Avialble (Currently held by Isabela Huin)
- Art Show Coordinator: Jean Smith
- Artist Coordinator: Available (Currently held by Diane Fales)
- Meeting Coordinator: Available
- Secretary: Marsha Blumm
- Membership: Jennifer O’Hare
- Website: Jasmine Holmes
- Newsletter: Karen Lockhart
- Board Committee Member: Deb Randall
For more information on the positions and nominations, download the official ballot.
What: Membership meeting on Thursday, May 5 at 6:30 p.m.
Where: The Gilbert Historical Museum, 10 S Gilbert Road Gilbert, AZ (SW corner of Gilbert and Elliot). Parking is available on the North side of the building. Help me find the museum »